Review & Swatch: SensatioNail Color Gel Polish

Sunday, November 25, 2012
Okay, so I've been thinking about buying this product for a while now and so I finally decided to head out to Walmart and get myself a box of the Nailene SensatioNail Color Gel Polish. So like you can notice in the photo, I just bought the polish and not the actual kit, because I just find that its just to expensive to purchase the kit & unnecessary if I already have my own lamp.

So, before starting the application process, you will prep your nails as usual by pushing gently your cuticle back, filing your nails and cleaning the surface of the nail. This will help remove any dirt and oil the nail may have. You will then start by applying a thin layer of the primer (cured), then base coat gel (that's if you purchased the kit) onto your nails making sure not to come in contact with your skin and cured for the second/minute it indicate on the instruction manual.

In my case I used my All-Season clear UV gel and cured it, then I applied just one layer of the SensatioNail polish and cured it for 2 minutes because I have a UV lamp and not a LED lamp. The tacky residue that leaves after removing your nails from the lamp is removed with a 70% alcohol. This is my way of doing it, because it works great for me - however, you will be using the gel cleanser. In addition to that I apply two coat of the gel color because I like it to be dark and slightly thick. The application goes on evenly and gives a full coverage on the entire nail. It is said to last up to 2 weeks, and I've used other gel polish brands before and they have last me more then 2 weeks - now when it comes to this brand I will wait for those 2 weeks and post the results.

Overall, I find that purchasing just the nail polish was worth it. I liked the finish results and how great it worked with my UV lamp. I notice that I didn't need to apply my gel top coat, being that this polish leaves a very nice smooth & shinny finish to it. Although, its up to you if you choose to seal it with the top gel coat for longer lasting.



Now, will I purchase the other colors? Yes, but will do so with a discount coupon.

@ Walmart
Nailene SensatioNail Color Gel Polish
Retail price: $9. 97

Nailene SensatioNail Starter Kit
Retail price: $49.98

0 comments:

Post a Comment